Personally, I love Gcam 8.6 and have found it to work well on my Samsung phone. I have also tried it on several other phones, including those from Xiaomi, Poco, Redmi, OnePlus, and Vivo, and it has worked well on all of them, providing access to all of its features. The new Xiaomi MIUI camera app brings some improvements and bug fixes.
- This is the easiest way to get your phone back to stock.
- While that hype has slowly settled down, however, we cannot deny the fact that this device is quite an active player in custom development.
- Also, because AOSP is very barebone and lacks CPU libs and patches, it won’t even be able to boot on most phones in its stock form.
- Even companies that did once do so — such as Xiaomi — have since stopped.
- It has enough power to keep most casual users happy, supports 5G, and is one of the best phones with a near-stock Android experience.
As you might have noticed, phones with the best hardware aren’t running on stock Android. Last year hasn’t been particularly good for stock Android, and the only compelling option that comes to mind is Google Pixel 4a. If you are fascinated by the prospects of experiencing pure Android software on that rather tall screen, Moto One Action is almost the same phone, save for the differences in camera hardware. Stock Android download the stock firmware, also known as vanilla Android, refers to an unaltered version of the Android mobile operating system.
Next, during the installation phase, you have to recreate the internal data partition from scratch, which means another wipe is necessary. There is absolutely no need to worry, as we have a detailed guide to help you back up every aspect of your phone’s data. Just make sure you do that, so it’s easy to restore your data once you install a new ROM. There are multiple benefits to installing a custom Android ROM. If the existing interface has a lot of ads or bloatware, you can install a custom ROM to permanently get rid of them.
- It must be patched using the Magisk Manager app on your Android smartphone.
- AddROM is a blog that shares ROM/firmware download links, tricks & tips, and news for Android and iOS smartphones.
- You can expect better notch handling, a new and improved volume control system, and yes, over-the-air updates of course.
- Bishal Pokhrel is a seasoned developer with extensive experience in Android app and website development.
- So let’s go to download and install the MiUI stock camera for All Custom ROMs.
- See if there’s a GCam thread for your phone on XDA or posts on your phone’s subreddit.
Some GCam versions don’t support either, some support one of them, and some have both. Explore the settings menu of the GCam version you’re using. On versions without a setting, it needs to be changed by the modder.